Valles Mines, Missouri, U S A
Founded in 1749 by Francois Valle years. 274 years later as The Valle Mining Company, his 4000+ acre property every year absorbs 21,000 tons of carbon dioxide and puts out 14,000 tons of oxygen, enough to meet the needs of 63,000 people. [USDA Forest Facts]
Site Map
Author Steve ("The Professor") Frazier's Bookstore

The General Store

The MRBT railroad ran 3.5 miles of the 16 miles of trails across the property. The rails are gone but the chat remains for hiking or riding. The MRBT handcar is on exhibit at the STL Museum of Transport.

The Haunted Tunnel and its Cemetery Accessible Through Here

Historic Mine sites

Bring Your Own Horse (BYOH) is fun with 1, 2 or 20 riders.

17th Annual Ghost Roundup

Recent Mining 2001-Present

Raised in the Valley during the Depression and the last residents of the Furnace Tender's house, Ed and Verna Skiles showed us how to live off the land. Verna's pressed local flowers are on display in the Lost History Museum.

Residents of 14151 Valles Mines School Road, George and Emmma Frazier